How to Grow a Data Culture
Data is the new oil. It’s everywhere and growing fast. The key to success lies in creating a data community that brings together all stakeholders from across the organization and gives them visibility into what each other is doing with data. But with all this excitement surrounding data, how do you make sure that your organization’s culture supports a data-driven approach?
Our guest today is Christopher Wagner, Principal Data Insights & Analytics Solution Architect at KratosBI and creator of the Data Gods.
Chris has been working in the data and analytics space for nearly 20 years. And he has dedicated his professional career to making data and information accessible to the masses. He is continually learning new things and teaching others from these experiences to help people keep up with this ever-changing landscape. Chris frequently posts on LinkedIn and his blog, so make sure that you follow him as he has vast experience in a wide variety of business applications and business processes with an emphasis on insurance banking, risk, finance, marketing, and driving ROI through the utilization of agile development best practices.
Tune in as we discuss the best practices for creating data communities and growing a data culture.
You will want to hear this episode if you are interested in:
- [00:12] Introducing Chris
- [01:28] How does it feel to be a data god?
- [03:35] Chris’s background on data BI
- [08:30] Building a data culture
- [10:37] Way to build a data culture
- [12:06] Does training on data culture work?
- [13:54] What is data culture?
- [21:06] Showing up toe ROI on data culture and the AI-driven business decisions
- [25:21] Creating data templates and processes that all stakeholders can use
- [26:10] What’s next for Chris?
About Chris Wagner
Chris Wagner is a Data God, Analytics Rebel, Power BI Boss, and White Rabbit. He is also a Senior Big Data/ BI Solution Architect and Developer.
Chris has been working in the Data and Analytics space for nearly 20 years and he has dedicated his professional career to making data and information accessible to the masses.
He is continually learning new things and teaching others from these experiences.
Make sure you follow Chris, as he has vast experience in a wide variety of business applications and business processes with an emphasis on Insurance, Banking, Risk, Finance, Marketing and driving ROI through utilization of Agile Development best practices.
Connect with LightsOnData
- Podcast: www.anchor.fm/lightsondata
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/lightsondata
- YouTube: www.youtube.com/c/lightsondata
- Instagram: https://instagram.com/lightsondata
- George on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/georgefirican
- George on Twitter: www.twitter.com/georgefrican